It's probably been clear that I haven't enjoyed this drama at all.
I'll illustrate why by predicting what will happen in this episode:
- He decides do marry Contrived Plot Girl, so his mother never finds out about him being a
mass-murderergirl [both have the same shock value, it seems].
- He then meets Transfer Student Girl, and two things might happen:
- Either she wishes him happiness (and doesn't tell him she's leaving) because she believes he doesn't love her and after the conversation, he believes that she left because she doesn't love him.
- Or she tells him she's transferring...and the same consequences happen. Lose-lose situation.
- Either he doesn't say yes and gives a big speech about honesty
- Or Transfer Student Girl/Asuka's dad appear to give a similar speech, making Asuka's mother hate all of this at first but then understand – possibly because Asuka's dad will say that he still loves her.
Now, having said that, let's start the episode and see how many of this I got right.
P.S. : For those of you who know Hana Yori Dango, how familiar does all of that sound? If the answer is “very”, you are probably right.
Apparently, there was a rumor going around that he was leaving. For America. Which, thankfully, isn't true, because how many fucking times will I have to say “this is a carbon copy of Hana Yori Dango”?