Monday, 1 March 2010

Literary Cleanup, book #2




(now fixed, thanks Zé!)
 
Sourcery - Terry Pratchett

Third book in the Rincewind series, Sourcery is, so far, my favorite, story-wise. I really liked how the – already quite interesting – premise played out and I also enjoyed seeing more of the Librarian. Also, Conina and...I don't remember his name, but it was the young hero who was only a hero in theory, were quite fun, and I loved seeing their interaction with Rincewind. And I must add that the Seriph's pick up lines were amazing. I will never look at a melon again without thinking it should be jewelled. The book ends on a puzzling note, and I'm really looking forward to the next one, though I have promised myself I wouldn't buy Eric (the next in the series) until I read the rest of my list.

Excerpt:

Without hesitation, Rincewind took a step backwards.
'Over to you, friend,' he said.
'Right!'
Nijel drew his sword and held it out in front of him, his arms trembling at the effort. There were a few seconds of total silence as everyone waited to see what happened next. And then Nijel uttered the battle cry that Rincewind would never quite forget to the end of his life.
'Erm,' he said, 'excuse me...'

1 comments:

José Rainho said...

A imagem é a da capa do Light Fantastic...

Ainda só li os dois primeiros, este está na minha lista.

Beijo!