Thursday, 4 March 2010

Of grumpy irish men and their thoughts

This isn't a recent discovery, by any means, but I feel like talking about it.

In stand up comedy, there are only 3 people I find incredibly funny. Of course, they are all british: Eddie Izzard, Bill Bailey and Dylan Moran. A friend had a trip to Holland recently and after years of badgering gently suggesting he should check him out, he asked me to put some videos on my mp3 player, and I saw this as a fantastic opportunity to addict him to fruit this irish bloke called Dylan Moran.

I only knew who he was because of Black Books, and I love that show quite a lot, I decided to investigate his stand-up comedy only to be amazed at how brilliant it is. He mixes observational humor with surrealism and just a bit of cynicism. I've only seen 2 of his shows, Monster (my favorite) and Like, Totally which you can find on some places. *cough*

Here are some clips:





3 comments:

Luís F. Alves said...

I'll assume you mean people among the living. Because if not, i'll have to tie you down and force feed you a bill hicks marathon.

black__cherry said...

You know, I did check out Bill Hicks once but I didn't find him that funny. *waits for death*

Luís F. Alves said...

...i am wordless. i have no words...